Lacrosse is an equipment-heavy sport; more so for the the girls than boys. Required hardware:
- cleats -- soccer or football cleats are fine
- gloves (any color)
- arm pads (any color)
- shoulder pads (any color)
- mouth guard -- tether to helmet is advised
- helmet -- a black helmet is preferred though a red helmet is acceptable
- Goalies: goalie stick, throat guard, chest protector, goalie gloves
- cleats -- soccer cleats are fine
- lacrosse eye protection/goggles
- mouth guard
- girls lacrosse stick
- Goalies: goalie stick, helmet, throat guard, chest protector, goalie gloves, goalie pads, shin guards
The Red Hawks open an equipment store every year, but you can buy online anytime from Laxzilla, Lax.com, LacrosseMonkey, HerLacrosseMonkey, www.Laxworld.com, and Lacrosse.com. SlingIt! has a store in Belmont where you can try things on. They are always very helpful.
The Red Hawks have a Used Equipment Program to ease the cost of getting started in lacrosse, especially at the younger ages. Please contact email@example.com for information on sourcing or donating used equipment.